So you’ve finally landed that job you’ve always wanted. It comes with all the benefits and extras, including the relocation to the bigger house you’ve always dreamed of.
You’ve picked the new school for the kids and a fresh scheme for each room, all you need to do now is move your prized possessions, half way across the country. The start of your new journey in every sense of the word.
Getting your family’s possessions, your expensive furniture and your cosy creature comforts from A to B safely and securely is too often overlooked. Usually as a result of hiring the lowest bidder. Nothing wrong with shopping around of course, however it’s not just about the cost of transporting goods, it’s the cost of replacing memories if it all goes wrong.
Our owner, Matthew Hough, started life in thehouse removals business as a man and van service. Just him, some elbow grease and a nice van, so he knows more about the potential pitfalls than most. Here’s Matts list of the 5 most important things to look out for when looking to hire a home removals company:
1. Insurance – “If your chosen company cannot provide you with evidence of suitable goods in transit insurance, your stuff shouldn’t even go on to that van.”
2. The Fleet – “We keep our vans well serviced, clean and well signed to ensure the most professional and safe journey possible. I wouldn’t let my stuff travel in anything less.”
3. Attention to Detail – “We always encourage our guys to think outside the box (no pun intended) as certain items may need packaging/moving in a completely different way to others. It’s worth the extra thought.”
4. Planning – “I or one of our other senior guys will always go out to visit our customers and find out everything we can about the move. If your chosen company just turns up on the day of the move, your chances of something going wrong are greatly increased.”
5. A Smile – “I always wear one and ask that all our team do too. We understand this can be one of the most stressful things a family can go through, so if by us loving what we do helps you, even just a little bit, then that’s our aim. A grumpy mover looking for an early finish, should probably be avoided.”
We hope you enjoyed our article or at least found it useful. Please share this with anybody you know moving house. We’re based out of two offices in Warrington and Wigan but work nationally, and would love to help make your next move as stress free as possible.
Thanks – Alexander Hough Removals